The Seattle Comedy Underground is proud to be the host comedy club for the 35th Annual Seattle International Comedy Competition.
The Real Last Comic Standing
- 26 Days
- 22 Shows
- 18 Venues from Vancouver to Bellingham to Spokane
- 33 comedians from the U.S., Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, and Africa
- Over $15,000 in cash prizes
- Talent executives from CBS, NBC, and more: movie studios, managers, agents and producers
- It’s America’s biggest touring comedy festival
The Seattle International Comedy Competition starts November 5, 2014 at The Columbia City Theatre in Seattle and continues nightly until a winner is crowned on Sunday, November 30 here at The Comedy Underground in Seattle.
How it Works
There are two “preliminary” rounds of 16 comedians; each comedian gets 5 minutes to impress. The Preliminary rounds consist of 6 shows, and a combination of entertainment industry and celebrity judges and audience reaction determines who moves on when each performer’s 5 best scores are tallied.
The top 5 comics from the Preliminaries make the semi-finals; all the semi-finalists win some cash, and get to compete for the title by performing for 10 minutes nightly for 5 shows.
At the last Semi-Final show at the Snoqualmie Casino on Sunday, November 23, the finalists are announced. Five get to go big, and five get to go home. After 2 days to recover and plan, the Final round begins on Tuesday November 26 at the Washington Athletic Club. After visits to theaters in Vashon, Kirkland, and Bremerton, and back to Comedy Underground, where a new champion is crowned.
The Comedy Underground is the only venue where you can catch each week of the Preliminaries, the Semi-Finals and the final show.
- November 10 – Preliminary Week 1
- November 11 – Preliminary Week 2
- November 18 – Semi-Finals Kick-off
- November 30 – Final Show
For more information about the Seattle International Comedy Competition, please visit: http://seattlecomedycompetition.org.